How to Find a Painting Company That Will Do Excellent Work
There are plenty of local companies that provide painting services within the area of Cherry Hill, NJ. Unfortunately, only a few of them keep up to the standards required from their customers. If you have a sophisticated taste, and if you also know that in order to please you your painter must be perfect, you’d better invest a bit more time in selecting a painting company for the job you need done.
In order to learn what you should be looking for, we highly recommend you to read the following post prepared by the specialists of Zimmerman Paperhanging & Painting. Before committing to a painter, make sure that he is:
– Licensed. A valid license is a guarantee that the skills and qualifications of the painter which you intend to hire have been tested. A licensed painting specialist can provide you with a valid service guarantee and can repaint any area of your property for free, in the unlikely case that you are not happy with the initial results.
– Insured. Even though paint work is not a very dangerous job, accidents occur, which is why it is a smart idea to think about working with an insured painter. Otherwise, in case of an accident which happens on the territory of your property, you may be requested to pay a medical compensation to your worker.
– Well-trained and experienced. The years of practice are very important when it comes to interior painting. The older the company you work with, the higher their standards will be!
– He can offer an upfront quote inclusive of all taxes and lock it with a contract. This will provide you with a guarantee that you won’t become a victim of scam.
Hiring our painting team will not only guarantee you all these qualities but many more. In addition to applying quality paint to any surface around your home, we can also remove old wallpaper and do some pre-paint application prep work. In order to make sure that we are as professional as we claim, you can always contact us at (856) 665-1638 and request referrals from our previous customers. We would be glad to send them to you!
Tricks for Easy and Timely Wallpaper Removal
When preparing for a painting service while you still have wallpaper on your walls, you need to make sure you get rid of it from your walls before the new application of this paint. Luckily, the majority of painting service providers in Cherry Hill, NJ offer a wallpaper removal assistance in addition to their paintwork, so you will not have to bother about this. But what happens if your painter refuses to take off your old wallpaper on his own? Then, you will have to help, and this is when the tips posted here will help you manage the situation!
How to clean old wallpaper without stressing out and losing time
- You need to gather a few items before you begin: a pre-taped drop cloth, a medium-size bucket of water, a paint roller and a pan, a perforator, a scraper (it looks a lot like a putty knife but does not have a blade), wallpaper removing solvent, and, of course, a bucket full of patience.
- When you get all of these stuff, you will need to cover your floor and molding with something to protect them from water damage. Use a pre-taped plastic drop cloth, for example. You can tape it to the top of the baseboard floor moulding. Go all around the perimeter of the area, and then unfold it into the room to cover the floor. If you skip this step, your wallpaper removal can get really messy.
- Score the wallpaper with a razor scraper or a perforating tool to break down the adhesive. It is a perfect gadget for removing wallpaper from walls made of wallboard or drywall because they won’t damage the paper of the wall board.
- Mix some wallpaper removing solvent with the water in the bucket and add some vinegar. This solvent will further break down the adhesive, so that the wall covering loosens and can be easily scraped off.
- Use the paint roller to apply this solvent on the walls that you want to work on. Let it soak in, and then peel and scrape off the wet wallpaper.
- When all the wallpaper is removed, use a sponge and some warm water to remove any excess paste from the walls. Then just roll up the entire mess.
If you have no time for this or you believe that you need a professional wallpaper removal service, you can always count on Zimmerman Paperhanging & Painting. Call us now at (856) 665-1638 in order to book a service with one of our qualified teams!
Choose Your Wallpaper before Calling Our Paperhanging Specialists
If you are considering paperhanging instead of interior wall painting in some of your rooms, then this post will help you make the right choice when it comes to quality wallpaper. Read on if you are interested in finding out what products the local market can offer!
- Vinyl Wallpaper. These come in a wide variety of colors and finishes. They are fire-resistant and much easier to clean in comparison to other wall covering. They come in 4 types:
- Solid vinyl
- Vinyl coated
- Paper backed vinyl
- Fabric backed vinyl
- Flocked Wallpaper. It is a successful imitation of textile wall covering, most commonly velvet. It is perfect for homeowners that want to feel like they are in a luxurious hotel every time they go to bed; they are also ideal for decorating formal dining rooms. This material is durable and never goes out of style.
- Grasscloth Wallpaper. Cotton-thread woven textures natural grasses are used for it. These are later adhered to a rice paper backing. The most common fibers used for its production are: sisal, jute, silk, arrowroot, and bamboo. It feels rough due to its small imperfections, but it adds a lot of warmth to your home. Its only drawback, in fact, is that it can easily get stained, so it is not a good idea to use it in high-traffic rooms or in any rooms where children play.
- Foil Wallpaper. This is actually a thin sheet of metallic foil applied to paper backing. This wallpaper comes in a single metallic color or shade, and that is usually copper, silver, or gold. Some types of this wallpaper are very durable and can be polished with a dry cloth. This will maintain their original sheen.
To learn more about different wallpaper types and paperhanging techniques, contact Zimmerman Paperhanging & Painting at (856) 665-1638. We serve Cherry Hill, NJ and the surrounding areas.
Learn More about the Competitive Advantages of Our Painter
If you are wondering what you should look for when searching for a painter that can do quality interior work and specializes in painting residential properties, then you definitely need to read this post top-to-bottom!
- Before you start your search, you’d better ask a friend, relative, or neighbor for some referrals first. If they do not know of any reliable local painting company, then you should turn to the web for some recommendations.
- Select up to 5 contractors that have a good online reputation and many positive reviews, and send them a price quote request (of course, don’t forget to send them some job details for a more accurate estimate). If the prices that you receive are similar, you can check what the different painters offer you and select the service which suits your requirements best.
Additional qualities that your painter should possess:
- A valid license. This is necessary if you want to make sure that you won’t become a victim of scam and that you will be able to sign a valid contract for the service to be delivered, in advance.
- A property liability insurance. If your painters have one of these, and they accidentally spill paint on your furnishings, wallpaper, or other personal belongings, then an insurance can save you. Insurers will have to reimburse you financially for any damage.
- If you do not want to use painting products that can be found in local home improvement stores but prefer professional or commercial paints, you should look for a painting team that offers to deliver you the paint as well and can bring you a catalog of colors and paint types that you can choose from.
- Portfolio with previous projects. If you want to make sure that you like the style of the painter before you hire him, then ask him to send you some pictures from previous painting projects that he has completed.
Zimmerman Paperhanging & Painting of Cherry Hill, NJ covers all these requirements and many more. For more information about the variety of painting services that we offer to the members of the local community, call us at (856) 665-1638!
Our Painting Specialists Know Some Interesting Facts about the Psychology of Color
You have probably heard the term “psychology of color.” Today, the painting specialists of Zimmerman Paperhanging & Painting will prove to you that there is a connection between the colors of your interior walls and your mood. We will list 3 major colors that you may consider when there is a home repainting project ahead of you:
- Green. This color is proven to provoke relaxation for both the eyes and the mind. If you enjoy the outdoors and the nature, you should definitely paint your bedroom green. This will help you wake up and start your day with a smile. Believe it or not, it can also positively affect your sleeping habits.
- Yellow. The color of the sun. If your property is located in a place with lots of shade or a really cold neighborhood, you should think about using yellow for one or two rooms in your home. From pale lemon yellow to dark bright nuances, whichever option you choose, you will brighten up your day.
- Blue. This is the color of productivity. Although it is often preferred for the interior of office buildings, you can also use it if you have a domestic office room or if you would like to stay more focused and do more housework. You will be surprised how effectively blue can improve your organizational skills.
For more information on how the colors of your interior paint may affect your mood and how to choose the right nuances for your wall, contact our painting crew in Cherry Hill, NJ at (856) 665-1638! Our specialists will give you some good advice!